Thursday, October 8, 2009

WTF MUSIC

Gleaned from Pitchfork:

Apparently, George Gershwin's estate has given cray-cray Beach Boy Brian Wilson the right to complete some of Gershwin's unfinished works. The estate is also thinking of releasing the Wilsonized songs on a tribute album.

This is so WTF-worthy to me. Are we talking like big ol', Rhapsody in Blue kind of works? Or ditties like "I've Got Rhythm?" I'm very intrigued. And I think Wilson is super talented (otherwise he probably wouldn't be so cray-cray), but...I just don't understand why the Gershwin estate would pick him. I guess both Gershwin and Wilson's music harbor a certain Americana-nostalgia thing. So, you know. Why not?

(I was at the gas station yesterday and "Surfin' USA" was playing. Do you think the Beach Boys actually knew how to surf? They seem so different than the surfing douchebags of today.)

(I haven't been practicing because midterm season is driving me effing batty, and I've been doing things like skipping class and flying off to Indianapolis for the evening. Right now, it's still worth it, but I know my guilt will kick in eventually.)

Oh, and remember when I blogged about Gustavo Dudamel in Vogue? Yeah, well, my letter is going to be published. I'm in Vogue. Bitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment