Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Back to school...


Finally, I have moved back to Indiana. My room is sans air conditioning and the price of my books exceeds my credit limit, but aside from that I couldn't be happier to be back. Now, I'm just eagerly awaiting the temperature's dwindling. Mmm, sweater weather...

The September issue of Vogue is on newsstands right now. Anyone who knows me personally or has followed my earlier blogs knows that it is, for me, a tremendously important publication. I love the fashion, the articles, the sheer class. Even women and fabulous men who don't subscribe to the magazine buy the September issue. In this particular issue, however, Vogue has gone above and beyond by publishing a sparkling profile of Gustavo Dudamel, the new conductor of the Los Angeles Philharmonic: "the conducting boy wonder who's making classical music not just cool but hot." Naturally, I sent in a thank-you e-mail this morning. I'm just thrilled that classical music will be reaching everyone who picks up the September issue this year. Younger people have been hearing that classical music is dying out for decades, but to millions of people, even those under 35, this music is life.


So, thanks, Vogue, for proving your awesomeness once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment