Saturday, August 15, 2009

it's a blog about flute. it's a flug.

I'm excited. Why am I excited?

1. I've been at my first National Flute Association convention since Wednesday. It is fucking ridiculous and I recommend it to any flute players.

  • Being at said convention has allowed me to spend lots of money buying music for the competitions I have coming up, let alone the entire school year. Also, a new Protec bag. I used to have a Protec case in middle and high school. It was forest green and thus heinous. Now they're making bags in the spirit of Harajuku Lovers.
  • After attending a freelancing workshop, I now want to have more of a presence on the internet. Unfortunately, this also means I should get Twitter.
2. I'm moving out of New York tomorrow! This means I can go back to school, resume regular practice and see my boyfriend. I win.

I'm going to mainly reflect on flute in this blog, and my experiences and observations as a flutist. However, I'm going to make it a blog about music in general, so it won't be so lame.

A last thought: I love Mimi Stillman's sex-ray vision the second she stops playing. Attempt a YouTube search.

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment