Monday, September 28, 2009

Happy Monday!

I'm exhausted but quite happy. Had the most relaxing weekend. Does playing drums on The Beatles Rock Band count as practicing? It should.

I eased back into the week today. 12 minutes of long tones, etc (my tone was kind of thin today, but it improved as the day went on). 25 of Maquarre (we're fighting right now), and 27 of Sancan (I'm having an affair with it).

We're playing Shostakovich's 5th Symphony today. I'm playing first, which is fun because there are some very quirky and vaguely demonic solos. Unfortunately, my high school wind ensemble played a transcription of the fourth movement, so that's sort of been ruined for me for all eternity. Still, I'm cool with most of the symphony.

There's a William Bennett masterclass coming up in Indianapolis, and I think I'm going to throw a CD together using tracks I already have on my computer. I don't want to actually make a new recording, since I just did that. What are the odds I've improved that much over 4 days? I'll risk it.

Nap.

Listening to Heloise and the Savoir Faire: "Disco Heaven" off Trash, Rats and Microphones

No comments:

Post a Comment