Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Slightly better today.

Practiced about an hour and forty minutes today, plus and hour and a half of orchestra. Just over two hours, if I calculate properly. Which I probably don't, because I am exhausted and feel kind of gross. I intended to practice at least two hours today, but I had to stop after forty minutes tonight because my back is killing me. Maybe I shouldn't practice immediately after I run. I felt a little better when I did some yoga, but the pain came back as soon as I put my flute back up. Usually if I get pain, I get it in my left shoulder; this is the first time it's spread to any of my lower back. So I'm going to guess the running did it.

I'm supposed to be studying lyrical pieces to adjust to my headjoint, so the bulk of my practicing today was solos from Brahms No. 1 and Carmen, Moyse's 24 Little Melodic Studies, and I also picked up Saint-Saens's Romance. It's just delightful! I'm gonna take it to my accompanist tomorrow.

I can't blog anymore. My back. Is killing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment